As we are now one week into Cybersecurity week, we at Texaport are here to deliver the top 10 steps you can take to improve your Cybersecurity. We believe strongly on the process of securing your computer and keeping you and your information safe, please have look on these simple steps that you can take to do so:
- Think Before You Click: Notice and Recognize if something looks fishy then Report Phishing: This can be done if a link doesn’t look right, always trust your instincts and double check. If not taken seriously your information could be stolen and malware software could be downloaded onto your computer.
- Update Your Software: If Microsoft requests an update act immediately, to streamline this process turn on your automatic updates.
- Use Strong Passwords: Use strong passwords which are unique for each login containing different lettering, numbers, and symbols. It Is recommended that you use password managers to generate random and complex passwords that are remembered automatically for each of your accounts. A password manager will also encrypt your passwords adding another layer of security.
- Enable Multi-Factor Authentication: By using MFA this decreases the likelihood of you being hacked drastically adding another layer of security to access your valuable accounts. Using services such as Microsoft Authenticator.
- Invest in IT consultancy (Train your team): Through investing in IT training this can future proof your business by teaching employees to avoid phishing scams and keep your business data safe. Take a look at our IT consultancy services which we provide to keep your company safe.
- Use reliable Antivirus software: By investing in and using a reliable Antivirus software this will create a strong wall of protection on your data and prevent you and your employees from accessing any dangerous websites.
- Contact IT Support: Contacting IT support in a complex situation which you or business don’t know what to do you can ensure that the situation is handled correctly. Services such as Texaport IT support provides fast and reliable help to any issue that your business may have, preventing any data loss and ensuring the safety of your computers together with the maintenance of equipment to prevent any future issues from occurring.
- Audit your systems for possible vulnerabilities: A vulnerability audit is a thorough self-inspection designed to identify potential crises before they occur and pave the way for creation of a crisis communications plan.
- Secure wireless networks: This can be done by changing the default password given to your home or business network, turn on Wi-Fi network encryption and router firewall and lastly regularly update your routers firmware.
- Cloud Backup: Cloud storage is a service model which allows data to being stored on remote systems. This provides a layer of security when transferring files preventing any chances of corrupting data. By implementing cloud backup you also create a live copy of your files reducing the chances of losing them and being able to access them at anytime and anywhere.
At Texaport, we understand the importance of these advancements, and we work with our clients to put a reliable system in place to improve their business efficiency. Our team has a wide range of IT knowledge and remains acquainted with the movements in the IT industry. Find out more here.