IT Support Engineer
Location: Edinburgh, EH9 1PL
Hours: Full Time
Candidate must live in the UK
An excellent position has become available to join a rapidly growing Technology Service Provider as a full-time IT Support Engineer based in Edinburgh or London. The candidate must be based in either Edinburgh or London.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong technical aptitude who is passionate about providing top-notch service and support. The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, be able to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and possess superior communication skills. As part of the IT Support team, you will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining network infrastructure, administering user accounts, troubleshooting hardware/software systems, installing new software applications and patches, configuring systems for user access, responding to technical inquiries from clients, establishing security protocols, safeguarding the integrity of data within the organisation’s networks, developing and documenting processes for system maintenance and other duties as assigned.
They will earn £25 000.00 – £35 000.00, depending on experience and certifications.
This is a unique opportunity to grow within the business and become a key player.
- Industry-recognised accreditations required.
- Strong communication skills with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- Excellent technical skills and ability to use own initiative for problem-solving.
- Good organisational skills and time management.
- Calm under pressure and a methodical thinker.
- Existing experience providing IT Support is desirable.
- Experience with all Microsoft products.
- Natural interest in IT with a desire to stay abreast of new technologies.
- Understanding of network infrastructure.
- Reliable, responsible and trustworthy with an excellent attitude.
- Self-motivated, patient, and you remain calm under pressure.
- You have the tenacity and dedication to pursue an issue from beginning to end.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and escalate accordingly.
- Experience with customer service.
- ITIL Awareness.
- Handling, logging and updating IT support requests via phone and ticketing system within SLA.
- Visiting clients’ sites to perform troubleshooting and installations.
- Providing product and service advice to clients.
- Work alongside other engineers to plan projects and execute them as required, either in the office or onsite.
- Dealing with customers, suppliers and vendors.
- Writing and updating client and system documentation.
- Maintain and develop your own knowledge and skills to assist with first-contact fault resolution.
Texaport is a managed service provider, servicing businesses across the world. They are rapidly growing and are always seeking talented individuals to join their dynamic team.
They are fortunate enough to service a wide variety of organisations and sectors, so no one day is ever the same. They are constantly evolving and problem-solving whilst striving to become one of the UK’s leading IT providers.
With a big focus on technology and the highest level of customer service, their engineers are encouraged to further their skills and knowledge through continual training and professional development, which the company funds.
Why should you apply?
- The chance to join a well-established company
- Excellent career progression available
- BUPA Private Health cover
- Excellent industry training
- Remote working options are available
We can solve virtually anything.
Managed IT Services
We focus on five key IT service areas to support our clients’ business needs: